A few reasons you may want to do this include:
- Adding your connections to your distribution list
- Add these contacts to nurture or other marketing related communications
- Updating your network when you change jobs, get a promotion, or another life event
Social Media offers many powerful tools, but at the end of the day your message always comes down to content and context. You want to deliver the right message, to the correct person, at the best possible time – through the appropriate medium. Having this list will allow you to communicate to your network via email when LinkedIn may be less appropriate or less compelling.
As promised, here are the shockingly easy instructions to export your connections to .csv!
- Login to LinkedIn and click on the tab ‘Connections‘
- Click the ‘Settings’ Gear in the top right corner of the page
- Click ‘Export Linkedin Connections’ in the right column
- Choose ‘Microsoft Outlook (.CSV file)‘ and click ‘Export’
- Save the document
voila, your connections are now freely available.
Have any other LinkedIn tips? Let us know!